- It’s not just coffee.
The MOM’S Club® of Coventry/Mansfield has a service committee called MISTO (Moms
in Service to Others). We are a group of 8 women, each of whom brings a variety of gifts and fresh
ideas to the team. We are responsible for organizing service projects for the club. Since our club is so large, our goal is
to organize several large, meaningful service projects (one, every other month) in hopes that everyone would be interested
in getting involved somewhere. We are committed to acting globally as well as locally and we hold meetings as needed.
Some trivia: MISTO definitions
Misto (in Italian)
…the perfect name
for a group of women who bring variety and new ideas to the group.
Misto / Cafe au Lait
A drink consisting of half
coffee, half steamed milk and a bit of foam. It can be made decaf, nonfat, etc. "Misto" is the Starbucks name, cafe au lait
is a more generic term.
…fitting for a group
of moms who thrive on coffee!
Service Projects for 2007/2008
- A baby shower to collect layettes and blankets for new mothers and children in the Philippines.
- We collected enough blankets & layettes to clothe 25 newborns.
- Check out their website (www.mercyinaction.org)
- "Adopt-a-Family" – bringing Christmas to a needy family in Willimantic.
- We collected new gifts, clothes, pantry items and fresh food for a family of 5.
- The "100 day challenge" is finished. We challenged the moms in the club to raise $100 in 100 days for Ethiopia Reads.
- Amount raised, TBD. Over time, our goal is to plant a library in Ethiopia.
- At our meeting this month, we will brainstorm ways to raise more money for Ethiopia Reads.
- Visit their website (www.ethiopiareads.org)
- Earth Day: We plan on cleaning up a trail in our town.
- Relay for Life – raising money for the American Cancer Society.
- Visit their website (www.cancer.org)